Yoga Nidra is an ancient sleep-based meditation technique that rides on the biology of the body to enter subtle states of being. Here the mind-stuff is cleared and the body has the opportunity to deeply regenerate and restore itself from the inside out. Yogis say that 45 minutes of Yoga Nidra is a restorative as 3 hours of sleep. You learn to enter the gap between you and your thoughts. Here, you can train yourself to develop a healthy relationship with the thoughts, emotions, and dramas of life that usually drain your energy and compromise your health. Learn to use this simple and ancient sleep-based meditation technique to profoundly heal and restore the body’s reserves and unburden your life.
First Weekend: Learn to receive Yoga Nidra and experience how Yoga Nidra reverses the effects of stress
Create a body and brain with greater resilience to stress-producing situations. Boost the body’s healing potential, release chronic tension, pay off sleep debt and learn skills to master the demands of life. An excellent program to gain intuitive perspective into life transitions and challenges and be able to assimilate transformational tools into everyday experiences for improved productivity, good health, and happiness.
Second Weekend: Learn to Transmit Yoga Nidra to Others
Building upon the skills learned in the first weekend, we will pair introspective teachings in the areas of recovery from sleep debt, relaxation and rejuvenation from the effects of stress, self-confidence, self-love and self-acceptance with Yoga Nidra experiences designed to initiate shifts from beyond the conscious mind.
You will be creating your own intentions and will learn how to use intention in Yoga Nidra. You will receive guidance on how to lead Yoga Nidra and will leave this training with three scripts and a list of intentions designed to help you guide others into regenerating states from where the body can emerge rested, healthy and whole – ready to be in life once again.
You will learn three fundamental applications of Yoga Nidra for our modern life:
- Relaxation and rejuvenation from the effects of stress
- Health and Healing (Physical, Emotional and Mental)
- Self-confidence, self-love, and self-acceptance
After completing both weekends and fulfilling additional 6 hours of practicum, participants will be able to:
- Use Yoga Nidra as a stand-alone technique to guide people in person or virtually
- Guide others through Yoga Nidra in combination with yoga asanas
- Use Yoga Nidra in coordination with any other healing modality (Reiki, Accupuncture, Counseling, Coaching, EFT, etc.)
Participants will receive a Yoga Nidra Facilitator manual as well as Yoga Nidra scripts for three different application listed above.
This course consists of two 17-hour weekends followed by 6 hours of practicum. Practicum requirements are as follows:
- Requirement #1: Attend three Yoga Nidra zoom classes with Yulia Azriel – each session will require a short written student report about each session. The class schedule for these classes will be discussed during weekend one. Students can always receive a recording of the classes if they are unable to attend live. These classes can be taken in the weeks between Weekend One and Two if desired. (3 practicum hours)
- Requirement #2: Lead TWO Yoga Nidra sessions, group or individual, and write a summary of the session. Include any feedback from the recipient(s). A sample feedback form will be provided for you to give to students. (2 practicum hours)
- Requirement #3: AFTER completing Requirement #2 and receiving your feedback from Yulia or another senior Amrit Yoga Nidra Facilitator, lead a final Yoga Nidra session (group or individual) and record the session. Please incorporate any applicable feedback or suggestions into this session. Send the audio recording to your mentor for feedback. (1 practicum hour)
- Once all of the practicum requirements are completed, you will receive 40-hour Yoga Nidra certification from the Amrit Yoga Institute as well as Gentle Heart Yoga and Wellness. You will also receive a discount for the full 100-hour Yoga Nidra Teacher Training at the Amrit Yoga Institute if you desire to continue your studies and certifications. Please note that this is considered an ‘Introductory’ Yoga Nidra teacher training. Each student will leave with three Yoga Nidra scripts and be certified to share Yoga Nidra in yoga studios and other healing spaces.
- This Online Yoga Nidra Certification Program is included in the Nourished Heart Yoga Training with beloved teacher Lily Kessler, 200-hour Certification with Yoga Alliance as a dual certification (2 online weekends of Yoga Nidra Certification + 8 in-person weekends for The Art of Living Yoga certification).
- If you are a Yoga Studio owner or are running Yoga Teacher’s Trainings and would like to include this Yoga Nidra Certification as part of your curriculum, please reach out to Yulia via email: email@example.com
This training qualifies towards 40 CEU’s through Yoga Alliance