Yoga Nidra is an ancient sleep-based meditation technique that rides on the biology of the body to enter subtle states of being. Here the mind-stuff is cleared and the body has the opportunity to deeply regenerate and restore itself from the inside out. Yogis say that 45 minutes of Yoga Nidra is a restorative as 3 hours of sleep. In sleep, you only wake up rested. Yoga Nidra is conscious sleep. You learn to enter the gap between you and your thoughts. Here, you can train yourself to develop a healthy relationship with the thoughts, emotions, and dramas of life that usually drain your energy and compromise your health.
First Weekend: Basic Yoga Nidra Immersion
This first of two-weekend intensives is open to anyone interested in yoga and deep relaxation either for application to personal growth, healing arts work or yoga instruction; it is an all levels course. It is a full and complete training in itself, designed for those looking to deepen their personal practice of Yoga Nidra. For those desiring to share the practices of Yoga Nidra with others, you will continue on to Basic Yoga Nidra Certification.
Create a body and brain with greater resilience to stress-producing situations. Boost the body’s healing potential, release chronic tension, pay off sleep debt and learn skills to master the demands of life. An excellent program to gain intuitive perspective into life transitions and challenges and be able to assimilate transformational tools into everyday experiences for improved productivity, good health, and happiness.
Second Weekend: Basic Yoga Nidra Certification
Building upon the skills from Basic Yoga Nidra Immersion, we will pair introspective teachings in the areas of recovery from sleep debt, relaxation and rejuvenation from the effects of stress, self-confidence, self-love and self-acceptance with Yoga Nidra experiences designed to initiate shifts from beyond the conscious mind.
You will be creating your own intentions and will learn how to use intention in Yoga Nidra. You will receive guidance on how to lead Yoga Nidra and will leave this training with three scripts and a list of intentions designed to help you guide others into regenerating states from where the body can emerge rested, healthy and whole – ready to be in life once again.
You will learn three fundamental applications of Yoga Nidra for our modern life:
- Recovery from sleep debt
- Relaxation and Rejuvenation from the effects of stress
- Self-confidence, self-love, and self-acceptance
By completing both programs, participants will be able to:
- Use Yoga Nidra as a stand-alone technique for individuals
- Guide others through Yoga Nidra in yoga classes
- Use Yoga Nidra in coordination with any healing modality
Participants will receive a Basic Yoga Nidra Facilitator manual as well as Yoga Nidra scripts for three different practices.
Upon completion of the Immersion and Certification weekends and the required homework, participants will be certified as Basic Yoga Nidra Facilitators by Gentle Heart Wellness and the Amrit Yoga Institute.
Requirements to become a 40-hour Basic Yoga Nidra Facilitator
- Complete both Yoga Nidra Immersion and Yoga Nidra Certification.
- Record your own Yoga Nidra practice of 20-45 minutes in duration.
- Submit for review.
- 6 Hours of participation in Yoga Nidra with a teacher. Yulia’s Blissful Rejuvenation Retreats and her Tuesday night Meditation in Motion class at the Willow House will count, as well as time with other teachers.
- 4 Hours of participation in recorded Yoga Nidra sessions from online sources, youtube, or your own recording.
- Submit written feedback for all 10 hours of practice sessions.
This training qualifies you for further training in the Amrit Method of Yoga Nidra:
- 15 Elective hours eligible for the Nourishing Heart 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training program.